Ever said, “I’d love to get in shape, but I travel too much”?
If so, this guide is for you!
Today we’re gonna teach you exactly how to get fit no matter what type of business trip you’re on.
- 5 Quick Travel Workouts (no equipment required).
- How to eat healthy while traveling.
- What are some of the healthiest fast food options?
- How do I eat a healthy continental breakfast?
- How to make exercise on the road a priority.
- How to overcome jet lag (and other tips)
It’s time to get you a specific action plan that you can take with you on your next trip.
This is the philosophy we teach to all of our 1-on-1 Online Coaching Clients. Many travel quite a bit, so having “worldwide accountability” and a specific plan for travel has been a game-changer for these Rebels.
Are you trying to learn a new exercise, lose weight, or build muscle, but find doing it on the road a challenge? Let us help you – click below to learn more.
5 Travel Workouts You Can Do Anywhere
Without access to your favorite gym, it can seem like you are doomed to remain sedentary until you get back home.
Have no fear! These 5 workouts you can do anywhere and at anytime!
#1) THE 20-MINUTE HOTEL ROOM WORKOUT
Set the alarm clock to 15 minutes from now and see how many circuits you can do!
- Bodyweight squats: 20 reps
- Incline push-ups: 15 reps (feet on floor, hands on edge of bed or desk)
- One-arm luggage rows: 10 reps (each arm, use your suitcase as your weight)
- Reverse crunches: 10 reps
Click right here for more advanced hotel workouts you can try.
#2) BEGINNER BODYWEIGHT WORKOUT
No gym required for this workout!
If you have a body, you can do this circuit! If you’re a brain floating in a jar, email me. I’ll think of a workaround for you.
- Bodyweight squats: 20 reps.
- Push-ups: 10 reps.
- Walking lunges: 10 reps each leg.
- Dumbbell rows (using your luggage/laptop bag as a weight): 10 reps each arm.
- Plank: 15 seconds.
- Jumping jacks: 30 reps
Run through this circuit three times. If you don’t have milk in the hotel room for the rows, find something of roughly the same weight with a good handle. Your luggage might work perfectly.
3) THE PLAYGROUND WORKOUT
Throughout the world, you’re often never that far away from a playground or a park.
Get a workout in there!
- Alternating step-ups: 20 reps (10 each leg).
- Elevated push-ups: 10 reps.
- Swing rows: 10 reps.
- Assisted lunges: 8 reps each leg.
- Bent leg reverse crunches: 10 reps.
4) ADVANCED BODYWEIGHT EXERCISES CIRCUIT
Was that Beginner Bodyweight Workout too easy for you?
Then try out this more advanced circuit!
- One-legged squats: 10 each side [warning super-difficult, only attempt if you’re in good enough shape].
- Bodyweight Squats: 20 reps.
- Walking Lunges: 20 reps (10 each leg).
- Jump step-ups: 20 reps (10 each leg).
- Pull-Ups: 10 reps [or inverted bodyweight rows].
- Dips (between two chairs): 10 reps.
- Chin-ups: 10 reps [this might be tough in a hotel room, so try an inverted bodyweight rows with underhand grip].
- Push-Ups: 10 reps.
- Plank: 30 seconds.
5) THE ANGRY BIRDS WORKOUT
This is Nerd Fitness. There’s no way I’m going to miss including a nerdy-themed workout.
- Bodyweight Squats: 30 reps.
- Push-Ups: 20 reps (or 40 knee push-ups).
- One arm rows: 30 reps (each arm).
- Planks: – 60 seconds.
6) SPEED RUN WORKOUT
If you’re busy on the road, it might seem like you have no time to train.
Enter the Speedrun Workout.
In the video above, Coach Matt walks through exactly how to sneak in a workout, even with “no time.”
How to Eat Healthy While Traveling
Here’s what I do specifically while traveling:
#1) Skip meals strategically. I know that if I skip breakfast, it means I can eat a slightly larger lunch and have an extra drink with dinner and STILL come in under my daily calorie expenditure.
#2) Prepare for bad meals. I love me a good steak dinner with a side of mac and cheese and sweet potato fries and dessert and a few beers. When I’m on vacation or celebrating, that sounds like heaven to me.
However, I know if I always eat like that, I’m going to pack on lots of weight.