Vegan Carrot Soup
A big bowl of soup is always my go-to meal. It’s such a good way to load up on your veggies and it warms you up just right! Today, I have a delicious Vegan Carrot Soup for you! It’s creamy, loaded with herbs, and it’s flavor packed. Sip your way into the colder weather with this recipe. This would also be a delicious way to start your Thanksgiving Feast!
The best thing about soup recipes is that they are so easy to make and this healthy carrot soup is no different. It takes less than an hour to throw together and most of that time you can just relax. Pour yourself a glass of wine and get comfy while the soup is simmering. It is a big favourite of my Picky Husband’s, which means most people/kids will enjoy it! It’s a no fuss, little mess, and a big flavour kind of dish.
This vegan carrot soup has a slightly sweet side to it, thanks to the chopped apple. It’s subtle but has such a pleasing taste that adds to the other savoury ingredients. Be warned though, there is some turmeric in the soup, and it will stain! The amount of clothes that I’ve ruined because of turmeric is ridiculous; you would think I would have learned to wear an apron by now. But I haven’t, still living life on the edge over here.
Whether you choose to use an apron or not while you cook, I think we can all agree that it’s the best feeling, walking into the house after a hectic day, knowing that dinner is already made. And all you have to do is re-heat it on the stove! This easy, nutrient loaded vegan soup is the perfect midweek meal. It is zero stress (well except for the turmeric stains), freezes wonderfully and it is just what the body craves on a chilly evening. Hope you enjoy this easy, seasonal bowl full of goodness. I know I’ll be sipping on it all through the colder weather.
Recipe & blog post by “Green Eggs and Yams.”
- 2 small onions (chopped finely/ sauté)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp oil of choice
- 1 lbs of carrots (dice to ½ inch thick, skin left on)
- 1 apple (chopped, skins left on)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 t fresh thyme
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can coconut milk
- Add oil of choice to a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic to the pot. Sauté vegetables until golden.
- Add the chopped carrots and apple to the pot. Mix with the onions and garlic and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pot. Add the fresh thyme, turmeric and salt and pepper. Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cover the pot for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let the soup simmer until the carrots are soft.
- Once the carrots are soft, remove the pot off the stove. Transfer the soup to a high-speed blender, or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return the pureed soup back to the pot and add 1 can of full fat coconut milk to the soup. Heat over low heat and stir the coconut milk into the soup.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for 5 days or store in freezer.