If you love Lasagna and love to try new foods everyday then this dinner dish is for you. A perfect veg dinner to fill your tummy without adding much fat on your belly. It is a flavorful and healthy fermented food that can be customized using different vegetables and add-ons.
This lasagna has egg as a basic ingredient, it’s very easy to cook, the add ons are optional, it’s kid-friendly and suitable for everybody who likes macaroni. this recipe is almost effortless. Try it for yourself!
List of Ingredients:
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 1 (16 ounces) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 10 grinds fresh black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce1 (10 ounces) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
How to cook
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place eggplant slices on a wire rack; sprinkle with salt. Let sit until some liquid starts beading on slices, about 20 minutes.
- Rinse the salt off eggplant slices and pat dry. Brush olive oil over both sides of each slice.
- Arrange eggplant slices on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Flip eggplant slices and continue roasting until slices are tender and lightly browned, 15 to 20 more minutes.
- Remove eggplant from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix ricotta cheese, Italian cheese blend, egg, garlic, oregano, thyme, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Line a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil. Coat the bottom of the pan with about 1/2 cup tomato sauce; top with 1/2 of the eggplant slices.
- Layer eggplant slices with 1/2 of the spinach, 1/2 of the ricotta mixture, and 1/2 of the remaining tomato sauce.
- Continue layering with remaining ingredients, ending with sauce. Top with mozzarella slices.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and continue baking until cheese is brown and bubbling, 5 to 10 more minutes.
Cook Time: 105 Min
Calories: 432 per serve
Serve size: 6